Call Number 3
Call is already closed.
3rd Call for STSM Applications for Missions Occurring between 6th November 2017 and 15th March 2018.
All STSM activities must occur in their entirety within the dates specified above.
PURPOSE OF A SHORT-TERM SCIENTIFIC MISSION (STSM)
STSM facilitates Researchers from COST Countries participating in COST Action 15214 to go to an institution, organisation or research centre in another participating COST Country to foster collaboration and to perform empirical research. Participation of “Early Career Investigators” (ECI) in STSM is particularly encouraged. An applicant can be considered as being an ECI when the time that has elapsed between the award date of the applicants PhD and the date of the applicants first involvement in the COST Action 15214 does not exceed 8 years. PhD students are also eligible to partake in STSMs.
Specific information concerning STSM
STSMs can have a duration of between 5 days and 90 days (and up to 180 days if the applicant is an ECI – see definition of ECI above).
The financial support is a contribution to the overall expenses incurred during the STSM and may not necessarily cover all of the associated outgoings.
The following funding conditions apply and must be respected:
1. up to a maximum of EUR 1 650 in total can be afforded to each successful STSM applicant;
2. up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses;
3. STSM activities must occur in their entirety within the dates specified in this call.
Financial support is limited to cover travel, accommodation and meal expenses and is paid in the form of a Grant.
For this call, the Management Committee of COST Action 15214 An integrative action for multidisciplinary studies on cellular structural networks (EuroCellNet) has allocated a total budget of EUR 6,400 for up to 4 STSMs. The amounts granted for each individual STSM will be determined during the evaluation process by the STSM committee. The selection of applicants is based on the scientific scope of the STSM application which must clearly compliment the overall objectives of the Action and be related to a specific Working Group.
Interested researchers can apply by following the instructions provided below and submitting their application and supporting documents by the deadline of 22nd October 2017.
WHO CAN APPLY:
Available STMS scenarios:
HOW TO APPLY:
The application process in details is as follows:
1. All applicants must carefully read the funding rules detailed in Section 7 of the COST Vademecum. This document is available at: http://www.cost.eu/participate/guidelines.
2. All applicants must register for an e-COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu/ - adding their bank account details to their profile.
3. The applicant must obtain a letter of invitation from the Host institution confirming that he/she can undertake the STSM on the given dates prior to submitting an application.
4. The applicant must complete, submit and download his/her STSM applications online at:
5. The applicant must send their STSM application form submitted to e-COST (pdf) and the relevant supporting documents to Dr. Yosef Gruenbaum, STSM Coordinator AND in copy to the Chair of the Management Committee of the Action Prof. Pavel Hozak, using the e-form available at: https://app.greception.com/form/13693815/ , for evaluation before the application submission deadline expires.
The list of supporting documents to be submitted in pdf format for the evaluation are:
The applications will then be assessed by the STSM Committee, which will perform the scientific and budgetary assessment of the applications against the perceived contribution that the proposed visit will make against the scientific objectives outlined in the Action’s Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
WHAT IS REQUIRED AFTER COMPLETING THE STMS:
Within 30 days from the end date of the STSM, the successful applicant must submit a scientific report to the Host institution, Dr. Yosef Gruenbaum (email@example.com) and Prof. Pavel Hozak (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The scientific report should cover statement of achieving the project aims, description of the work carried out and the outcome/results, expected publications that may arise from the STSM (if applicable).
The applicant is also responsible for acquiring an official acceptance letter / Email confirmation of acceptance from a senior Researcher affiliated to the Host institution formally accepting the scientific report.
This formal acceptance of the scientific report has to be sent to the Grant Holder (Marketa Morska, email@example.com) and Dr. Yosef Gruenbaum (firstname.lastname@example.org) for archiving purposes.
Failure to submit the scientific report within 30 days from the end date of the STSM will effectively cancel the Grant.
(Please note that the COST Association can request additional information to substantiate the information contained within the documents submitted by STSM applicants).
Deadline for applications to be submitted: 22nd October 2017
Expected date of notification of application outcome: 6th November 2017
Period of STSM: between 6th November 2017 and 15th March 2018